Bringing years of experience from both professional as well as academic positions, Vagnone regularly presents new research, concepts, and innovative programming pilots to public audiences internationally. His informative and exciting workshops and seminars combine the intimate warmth of personal reflection with a clear knowledge of nonprofit organizations & operations. He has become known for seeing cultural trends and programming potential in, as of yet, unrealized situations.
Full list of presentations and consulting relationships HERE
Selected Public Presentations 2017:
- Keynote, 17th International Conference of National Trusts, Bali, Indonesia, September 11-16, 2017.
- “One-Night Stand” with THE SLAVE DWELLING PROJECT, Menokin Historic Site, Warsaw, Virginia, September 22-24, 2017.
- Keynote Plenary, Historic House Museum Symposium, Arlington, Virgina, September 19, 2017.
- Keynote, Preservation North Carolina, Charlotte, NC, September 29, 2017.
- Keynote, International Council of Museums & Historic Palaces of London, October 12 – 18, 2017.
- Presenter (Hidden Town Project at Old Salem), Charlottesville, VA, October 18 – 21, 2017.
- New Ideas for Historic House Museums, Mid-Atlantic Association of Museums, Albany, NY, March 23, 2017.
- Keynote, Pennsylvania Federation of Museums, Annual Conference, Erie, PA, March 2017.
- Facilitator, Creativity Incubator, New York Council for the Arts & Greater Hudson Heritage Network, Husdon Valley Session, April 25, 2017.
- “Lunch with the Museum Anarchist & other Radicals”, Newport Historical Society, Feb. 2017.
- “One-Night Stand”, John Brown House, Rhode Island Historical Society, Feb. 2017.
- Diversity & Inclusion, Museum Association of Ontario, Keynote, Toronto, Canada, November 2016.
- SLEEPING AROUND, Gamble House, Pasadena, CA, November 21st, 7:00pm.
- MuseumNEXT NYC, “The future of museums will not be found in museums”, November 14-16 2016.
- Heritage Rising, National Trust of Canada, Annual Conference Keynote, Hamilton, Canada, October 20-22, 2016, Hamilton, Canada.
- International Council of Museums & The National Trusts of Australia Conference, Keynote, Melbourne, October 5-8th, 2016
- National Trust of Southern Australia, Adelaide, October 2016.
- Sydney Living Museums, Sydney, Australia, October 2016.
- 17th Annual Mark Roskill Symposium, Keynote, organized by the UMass Amherst, Department of the History of Art and Architecture, September 23, 2016.
- National Alliance of Preservation Commissions, Keynote, Mobile, Ala., July 30th, 2016
- SLEEPING AROUND, Greenbelt Museum & Historic House, Greenbelt, Maryland, July 19, 2016
- Museum for the City of New York, “Money, Politics & Anarchy”, Panel Organizer & Participant, NYC, January 14th, 2016
- City of Alexandria Office of the Arts and The Office of Historic Alexandria, “Time & Place”, 2016
- Iconic Houses International Conference, Invited Speaker, Getty Institute, LA, February 19th, 2016
- Society for the Preservation of Long Island Antiquities, Keynote, Cold Springs,NY, March, 19th, 2016
- Crossroads of the American Revolution, National Park Service, New Jersey Historic Trust, Keynote (with Deborah Ryan), April, 2016
- Benjamin Franklin Project at IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law, Keynote, The Politics of Preservation: An Interdisciplinary Discussion of Cultural Heritage and Historic Preservation
- Landmarks WEST!, Friends of the Upper East Side, New York Landmarks Conservancy, Anarchist’s Guide to Historic House Museums Book Talk (with Deborah Ryan), New York City, May 2016.
- Fairmont Park Conservancy, Philadelphia Society for the Preservation of Landmarks, Philadelphia, May 2016.
- Florida Capital History Museum, Keynote, Tallahassee, FL, June 2016.
Inquiries into speaking or facilitating workshops, please contact email@example.com